Thursday, March 14, 2024

Full Swing

A reality show about how very hard and very stressful being a professional golfer really is.

Poor, poor babies.

Except they are not anywhere near poor because Netflix keeps showing us the enormous amounts of cash these guys make even when they come in 121st place.

Good God in Heaven, do these poor, stressed-out baby-men get paid a lot of money just to get a tiny ball into a tiny hole.

I played golf in high school and was even told I had a natural talent and if I worked hard enough I could probably go pro one day.

Except I got so depressed while in high school and am still crawling out of that depression in my middle age that I became a professional mental patient instead.

Mental patients do not make what pro golfers do.

Which is why I stopped watching this reality series.

Seeing how much money these poor baby, professional grown men-kids make caused me to want to go back into the mental hospital, I got so depressed.

Maybe I'll go to the driving range instead and work on my golf game.

The old people professional golf league is still a thing, right??

Maybe I can still make that professional golf thing happen??

Ok, maybe not.

That's what sucks about middle age,

You keep realizing with so much of your life that it's too late to try now.

Youth really is wasted on the young.

Dammit!


Tea and Sympathy

I used to wish this movie had been my life when I first saw it as a teenager. I used to wish and wish and wish that I had gotten to have an ...