Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Man in the Orange Shirt

What I have longed for decades now for lesbian cinema to be - 

Good.

Damn, this was a good limited series.

The Brokeback Mountain of post-World War II England,

But with a twist - 

The sad familial curse of unhappy endings to great gay love stories gets lifted with the next generation of gays.

Hooray!

It's finally okay for us to be gay!

Which is why I get so pissed off at the newer generations who dare to bitch, moan, and complain about how "hard" it is to be queer nowadays.

Not really.

Sure, some of it is hard,

But that's life.

Life is hard.

But compared to the past,

Being gay these days is a blast.


Tea and Sympathy

I used to wish this movie had been my life when I first saw it as a teenager. I used to wish and wish and wish that I had gotten to have an ...