Friday, February 23, 2024

A Room with a View

 

Now this is a movie!

Tired of superheroes?

Tired of CGI?

Tired of movies lacking plots or stories or real characters or just plain ole keeping your interest long enough to watch the whole damn thing?

Well, look no further than 1985 and the romantic film, A Room with a View.

It's got Helena Bonham-Carter.

It's got Daniel Day-Lewis.

It's got a sexy Judi Dench wearing a tie (oh my!).

It's got romance.

It's got star-crossed lovers.

It's got Italy.

It's got England.

It's got tennis playing on real grass.

It's got men running around a small pond stark naked with their penises flapping about and everything!

And it was produced and directed by a real-life gay couple.

What more could you ask for??

Why can't Hollywood make movies like this again?

Oh yeah, because this is a European film, so Hollywood never made movies like this in the first place.

Guess it's time for me to truck on over to Europe to get me some quality storytelling.

Hollywood is too busy selling me men in tights.

I'm a lesbian, so I prefer women to be in tights instead.


originally created on 2/19/2021

Tea and Sympathy

I used to wish this movie had been my life when I first saw it as a teenager. I used to wish and wish and wish that I had gotten to have an ...